Samsung Biologics to offer solutions for Kurma Partners' portfolio firms
简介Samsung Biologics said Tuesday it inked a partnership with Kurma Partners, a French venture capital ...
Samsung Biologics said Tuesday it inked a partnership with Kurma Partners, a French venture capital firm specializing in financing health care companies, to offer a variety of drug-related services to Kurma Partners' portfolio companies.
Under the partnership, Samsung Biologics will provide biotech companies invested in by Kurma Partners with its customizable chemical, manufacturing and control solutions. Customizable CMC solutions refer to drugs-related services such as the development of drug manufacturing processes, provision of quality control tests and stability studies that are tailored to the characteristics of each clients’ candidate drugs. According to Samsung Biologics, such solutions could potentially allow for fast transitions along the clinical development process and accelerate licensing timelines.
"We are excited to support the growth of promising global biotech companies through our collaboration with Kurma Partners," said Samsung Biologics CEO John Rim.
“Through Samsung Biologics' unique competitiveness and expertise, we will continue to innovate our services so that customers could reduce the risk of developing biopharmaceuticals and be able to enter the market in a speedier fashion,” he said.
Through the partnership, Samsung Biologics said it will strengthen its cooperation with the global biotech companies and ultimately aim to provide the partnered firms with Samsung Biologics' end-to-end solutions ranging from contract development and contract manufacturing processes to sterile fill-finishes.
"We are excited to collaborate with Samsung Biologics, which leads the contract development and manufacturing organization industry with world-class capabilities," said Daniel Parera, a partner at Kurma Partners.
"Via this cooperation, Kurma Partners' portfolio companies will be able to receive great help, starting from the biopharmaceutical development stage to market entry stage," he said.
Samsung Biologics forayed into the contract development organization business in 2018 and has signed some 100 CDO deals since. In August, the company newly launched customized CMC solutions services in aims to offer upgraded drug-related services such as streamlining and accelerating the drug development processes, as well as candidate selection processes.
A disability rights advocacy group said Tuesday it will file a complaint with the state human rights ...
Director Um Tae-hwa’s dystopian thriller “Concrete Utopia” swept Wednesday’s 59th Daejong Film Award ...
Fuerza Bruta Wayra, the renowned Argentinian theater production known for its captivating dance perf ...
Yoon orders increased defense of public digital infrastructure
Experts to discuss globalized risks at World Health City Forum
'Fuerza Bruta Wayra' returns to Seoul
Team carries out Korea's first successful uterus transplant
Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers
iStaging Asia eyes patents for spatial web tech
- Hyundai Engineering wins US gas
- [Weekender] Behind the scenes of Korean food crazes
- "가리비 8m 천장까지 쌓였다"…단 한달만에 日 타격 입힌 中
- KFCC promotes financial inclusion via branches in developing nations
- US finalizes national security 'guardrails' for CHIPS funding
- Seoul shares close lower amid woes over Fed's drawn
- Yoon pushes for Xi’s visit to firm up ties with China
- BTS' Suga begins military service
- Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicks off in Korea's 'forest capital'
- 'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
- Is Blackpink leaving YG?
- 김성원 여의도연구원장 "공천장사 지라시, 허위사실 유포로 고소"
- S. Korea, US and Japan to conduct joint aerial exercise for 1st time: source
- BTS' Jungkook headed to Paris as MTV EMA nominee, performer
- '2023 Box Gallery Exhibition' by Youth Impact shows art made of discarded paper
- Response to Yasukuni visits underway: official
- New government initiative offers W3b reward to combat digital piracy
- 안철수 측 "심장이상? 허위" 장성철 "安 쓰러져 심폐소생술"
- S. Korea, US, Japan install trilateral communication hotline amid N. Korea, China challenges
- S. Korea, US, Japan stage trilateral maritime interdiction drills for 1st time in 7 years
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict
- S.Korea's largest
- S. Korean industries to see modest recovery in 2024: think tank
- Industry minister asks refiners to use fair pricing policy amid Israel
- Biden to visit Israel as war in Gaza sparks humanitarian crisis
- S. Korean kidnapped in Philippines freed
- Kia management, union reach tentative wage deal to avoid strike
- [Herald Interview] Chile, Korea need to boost global lithium value chain: minister
- Import prices rise for 3rd month on higher oil costs