Seoul shares open lower on US economic data
简介South Korean stocks opened lower Friday as investors sat on the sidelines as data cautiously raised ...
South Korean stocks opened lower Friday as investors sat on the sidelines as data cautiously raised speculation that the US economy is cooling.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index fell 17.12 points, or 0.69 percent, to 2,471.06 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Overnight, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.13 percent, while the Nasdaq Composite edged up 0.07 percent.
Data showed that the unemployment benefit claims in the world's largest economy have reached the highest level in three months. The US industrial output also shed 0.6 percent on-month in October.
In Seoul, top tech giant Samsung Electronics fell 0.41 percent, and leading battery maker LG Energy Solution lost 2.26 percent.
No. 1 carmaker Hyundai Motor fell 0.43 percent, and its smaller sister Kia shed 0.47 percent. Auto parts maker Hyundai Mobis decreased 1.08 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,296.3 won against the US dollar, up 0.6 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
The Ministry of Health and Welfare rejected a request to devise guidelines of hospitalization for tr ...
Korea's League of Legends team T1 has hoisted the Summoner’s Cup for the first time in seven years, ...
South Korea's spy agency said Tuesday it is preparing to form a cooperative body with Asian cou ...
- Hotel chief fined for safety violation in Itaewon tragedy trial
- S. Korea, Britain vow closer ties in nuclear energy sector
- "스벅 누가 마셔요"…중국서 스타벅스 꺾은 '이 브랜드'
- Rising political stars, big names likely to run for 2024 general election
- Samsung Biologics sees highest
- North notifies of satellite launch amid concerns
- [Today’s K
- Arrest warrant sought for ex
- Pak Kyongni Prize winner Christoph Ransmayr says literature sparks imagination, breaks biases
- Police turn to AI to predict crimes, drug tracking
- Biden picks top Asia aide as nominee for deputy secretary of state
- 35 foreign individuals to be awarded for promoting Korean culture
- Open hatred of Jews surges globally, inflamed by Gaza war
- S. Korean military detects signs of NK supplying ballistic missiles to Russia
- Iraqi Kurdistan officials visit Korea to glean procurement expertise
- SPO and Lim Yun
- S. Korean family fleeing Gaza departs for Seoul via Egypt
- Yoon regards illegal stock short selling serious 'malady': presidential office
- Yoon vows to move up completion of GTX commuter rail networks
- N. Korea steps up criticism against military cooperation among S. Korea. US, Japan
- Former justice minister hints at parliamentary bid as 'nonlegal' route for redemption
- Mayplace Hotel marks ninth anniversary with room promotions
- Coupang opens 2nd fullfillment center in Taiwan
- [Today’s K
- Fugitive caught 3 days after escape from hospital
- W10m reward offered for information leading to fugitive on the run for third day
- 尹대통령 “군장병 확고한 국가관·대적관 안보대세 가져야”
- Visa applications open for additional 12,900 foreign workers
- S. Korea, Thailand to work to resolve entry denial claims
- Zerobaseone reaches 'Melting Point' with 2nd EP
- Over 90 pct of cattle vaccinated against lumpy skin disease
- Pianist Chung Kyu
- Without light, Lightwalk will not be architecture: Dominique Perrault
- Hyundai to develop own cheaper batteries for EVs
- Man arrested for assaulting woman for having short hair
- SK Ecoplant to supply advanced fuel cells to Irish data center